I am back with a new recipe :). This time its a quick to make warm Couscous salad with Veggies. I am so excited to share this recipe that I am typing this as I eat it :D. Very unlike me !
Couscous / Dalia both have origin in Wheat but are from different variety of wheat I believe. Dalia / broken wheat is what is easily available in India and that is what I used in the recipe. You can use couscous or Millets as well for this salad. Herbs add a beautiful freshness to the salad and the flavorful vegetables shine!
This is a simple quick lunch packed with natural flavor of veges and their yummy crunch. I’ve cooked the vegetables slightly but they can be left raw as well ! So do try this recipe. Make your modifications ! And let me know how it turns out for you 🙂
1 cup Dalia / Broken wheat
1 Onion chopped into thin slices
2-3 Garlic cloves
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Small carrot diced
1 cup diced Yellow and Red Bell Peppers
1 cup diced button mushrooms
Handful Mint leans
Handful Coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste (optional)
Juice of half a lemon
1. Cook the Dalia with little salt and water till its a bit firm and cooked.
2. In a non stick pan heat Olive oil and caramelize the onions. Add sliced garlic cloves and saute for few seconds.
3. Add carrots, peppers and mushrooms in the pan (in that order) and season with salt.
4. Cook each veggie for maximum 2-3 minutes. Maintain a bite to the vegetables.
5. Switch off the heat and add the cooked dalia to the pan. Mix well.
6. Add green sprouts and mix.
7. Add lemon juice. Add more salt if required , add pepper and mix.
8. Season with Mint and Coriander herbs and Serve hot :).