Cookies are the best quick bites to have at home especially when they are home made! There is a huge demand at my home for these. So I try to bake some new variety each time which then gets over within no time! Something about home baked fresh cookies makes your mouth water.. 🙂 doesn’t it ?
This is a No Maida recipe. I had a bar of Vegan Dark Chocolate which led me to make this recipe. If you are using a chocolate bar just chop the chocolate into small bite-able chunks for this recipe. Instead you could also use vegan chocolate chips. Coconut oil is very good for cooking with its health benefits and its higher smoke point. It leaves a mild coconut-y tinge to this cookie which works well with the other ingredients. 🙂
|Cookies ready to be baked|
Here is a recipe for sumptuous Oatmeal Choco Raisin cookies.
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 tbs flax seed powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
pinch of salt
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks (vegan)
5 tbs water
3 tbsp date syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C.
2. Mix flax seed powder with 2.5 tbs water and set aside for few minutes.
3. Whisk together wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. In a bowl mix together coconut oil & brown sugar until combined.
5. Add date syrup, vanilla essence and flax seed mix to the wet ingredients and combine.
6. Mix oats with the other dry contents. To this add the wet ingredients and combine with a spatula.
7. Fold in the raisins and chocolate chunks into the mixture.
8. Add a little water and use your hands to bring the ingredients together, shape them into small disks and place on a baking sheet.
9. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes. Leave inside oven to cool for five minutes.
10. Take out the cookies and allow them to cool completely.