Christmas called for a Festive Warm Dessert.. I celebrated mine with Sticky Date Ginger Pudding 🙂
I came across this dish on Masterchef Australia and was very eager to make a Vegan version. 🙂 Two trials gave me a recipe I would love to make again. I heard about PETA Dessert competition and I have entered the competition with this vegan dessert recipe. Fingers Crossed !! 🙂
To all you Lovely People out there have a Great 2016 and carry the festive spirit to the rest of your year. May the coming year be full of Positive Energy everywhere around you.
Orange segments add a freshness to this otherwise sticky sweet pudding. Guess my Palette is getting wiser ;-). I cant believe myself when I say such things :-P. Here’s the recipe for this Warm Comforting Dessert. Do try and let me know how you like it 🙂
12 Dates pitted and chopped
3/4 cup Maida / Refined Flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 Ripe Banana
1/3 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
3/4 cup Water
10g Crystallized Ginger (chopped)
Pinch of Cinnamon & Nutmeg powder (optional)
Orange segments for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180 C and grease your ramekins / baking vessel.
2. Add the water and dates into a pot and bring it to a boil. Once water starts boiling switch off the stove.
3. Add baking soda to the above mixture and give a little whisk. Set aside to cool.
4. In a bowl mash well a ripe banana.
5. Add half cup sugar and vanilla essence into the mashed banana and whisk well.
6. Pour in the date mixture and add the crystallized ginger. Mix well.
7. In a separate bowl sift together flour, nutmeg and cinnamon.
8. Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients few spoonfuls at a time and combine well.
9. Bake for 25 – 30 Mins or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
10. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from Mould and serving.
Ingredients for Caramel Sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a heavy Bottomed Pan mix together Sugar and salt. Stir over medium heat until it resembles a toffee color. If the mixture turns clumpy reduce the heat and keep mixing. (Avoid stirring rapidly)
2. Switch off the heat and add coconut milk cream slowly part by part. Keep mixing.
3. Switch on the heat and mix over medium heat until you get a smooth consistency.
Serve your Sticky Date Ginger pudding topped with warm sauce and orange segments :).
Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year !!